Expose, Access, Provide
Career Crossroads is a Workforce Development in-school initiative meant to engage our high school talent pipeline in Lake County
- It EXPOSES junior and senior student to high demand industries and education opportunities.
- It gives ACCESS to Lake County employers to engage youth in viable career paths.
- It PROVIDES needed information to juniors and seniors regarding all career and educational options available after graduation.
Career Crossroads Event Elements
- Overview of Workforce Development services and programs
- Essential workplace skills training
- Industry trends and statistics (Healthcare, Manufacturing & Trades, Professional Services, Transportation & Logistics)
- Employers will engage students regarding in-demand career paths and employment opportunities
- Training providers will meet with students to discuss enrollment opportunities
Key Benefits for Schools:
- Establishes relationships with local employers
- Educates students on the opportunities available after graduation
- Provides students with the knowledge to create their career path
Key Benefits for Employers:
- Gives access to a potential talent pool
- Establishes relationships with Lake County High Schools
- Provides an opportunity to share industry trends
How to Get Started
Start by contacting Workforce Development to see how a Career Crossroads event can be planned for your high school.
© 2019 Interview2Hire