Learn skills today that you can use on the job tomorrow.
ConstructionWorks powered by the Illinois Tollway, is a free program designed to create pathways for long-term employment in the construction industry, for underrepresented populations, minorities, women and other vulnerable populations.
Learn how to start a career in construction and trades.
Key Benefits for Participants:
- Trade training in specific field of study along with an industry recognized certificate/credential
- Tools, work clothes, boots, and transportation covered
- Access to paid internships and employment opportunities
- Referrals to union apprenticeships opportunities
- Cover union fees
- Past due union fees
- Meet employers affiliated with transportation and construction projects
- Develop career plans
- Find jobs in the building trades
Key Benefits for Employers:
- Involved Tollway contractors will also be rewarded with bid credits for hiring and retaining ConstructionWorks participants
- Expose more jobseekers to building and trades
- Subsidized wages could be covered for a period
- Certified and credentialed tradesmen/tradeswoman
- Equipment Operators
- Working Foreman
- Truck Drivers
- Traffic Safety Worker
- Cement Masons
- Technical Engineer/Surveyor
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Painter/Drywall Finisher
How to Get Started
Start by attending one of our
information sessions listed below:
Register to receive an application to start training at the Pipefitters’ Training Center Local Union 597 in Mokena, IL.
Learn how to apply to the Apprenticeship Office for Local 150 Operating Engineers
Register for a ConstructionWorks Information Session:
© 2021 CareerTech Media