Learn skills today that you can use on the job tomorrow.
ConstructionWorks powered by the Illinois Tollway, is a free program designed to create pathways for long-term employment in the construction industry, for underrepresented populations, minorities, women and other vulnerable populations.
Learn how to start a career in construction and trades.
Key Benefits for Participants:
- Trade training in specific field of study along with an industry recognized certificate/credential
- Tools, work clothes, boots, and transportation covered
- Access to paid internships and employment opportunities
- Referrals to union apprenticeships opportunities
- Cover union fees
- Past due union fees
- Meet employers affiliated with transportation and construction projects
- Develop career plans
- Find jobs in the building trades
Key Benefits for Employers:
- Involved Tollway contractors will also be rewarded with bid credits for hiring and retaining ConstructionWorks participants
- Expose more jobseekers to building and trades
- Subsidized wages could be covered for a period
- Certified and credentialed tradesmen/tradeswoman
- Equipment Operators
- Working Foreman
- Truck Drivers
- Traffic Safety Worker
- Cement Masons
- Technical Engineer/Surveyor
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Painter/Drywall Finisher
How to Get Started
Start by attending one of our information sessions listed below:
Plumbers’ Apprenticeship Training Program
Job Center of Lake County
1 N. Genesee St.
Waukegan, IL 60085
Please attend one of our Information Sessions:
January 31st, 11:00am – 12:00pm
February 5th, 3:00pm – 4:00pm
February 12th, 11:00am – 12:00pm
Please click here for more information on the
Plumbers’ Apprenticeship Training Program.
Register for a ConstructionWorks Information Session:
© 2019 Interview2Hire