Work, Earn & Learn
An opportunity to WORK, EARN and LEARN
while finding a career that’s right for you.
A full-time 6-month paid internship.
An opportunity to gain an industry-recognized credential.
Training by industry professionals.
What is it?
The WEL program offers an opportunity to gain work experience within a variety career fields, learning new skills with different employers.
Key Benefits for Participants:
- Develop technical skills needed on the job
- Develop essential soft skills
- Obtain industry-recognized credentials
- Earn a livable wage
Key Benefits for Employers:
- Improve your strategy for hiring a skilled workforce
- Reduce your company’s skills gap
- Increase employee loyalty and reduce turnover
- Diversify your workforce
- CDL Driver
- Stock Clerk
- Maintenance Technician
- Wall Panel Installer
- Diesel Technician Mechanic
- Independent Living Counselor
- Graphic Designer
How to Get Started
Attendance to a WEL program information session is required to be eligible for the program. Check back with us frequently to see when our next WEL program opportunity is available.
The WEL program is offering an opportunity to gain work experience with the Lake County Treasurer’s Office through a paid internship launching in Spring 2022.
Attend a Virtual Information Session to Learn More:
Wednesday, March 9th at 10:00am
Wednesday, March 16th at 2:00pm
© 2022 CareerTech Media